How We Solve Myrtle Beach Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Are you having a problem with unwanted wildlife venturing onto your property? We specialize
not only in removing unwanted wildlife but the steps to prevent them from making your
property their next home. Wildlife critters leave behind dangerous bacterias
in their droppings which can cause your pets and even your family to get extremely ill. So give us a
call 24/7 so we can help keep you and your family safe!
We service the greater Myrtle Beach area in addition to the following cities: North Myrtle Beach,
Loris, Shallotte, Oak Island, Forestbrook, Pawleys Island, Surfside Beach, Dimery Settlement,
, and Garden City Beach
. We also
service the following counties: Cherokee County, Colleton County, Richland County, Berkeley County,
Greenwood County, Lexington County, Charleston County, Anderson County, Aiken County, Barnwell County,
and Dorchester County.
Other Myrtle Beach animal pest control topics:
Should I Poison a Skunk
What Diseases do Opossums Carry
Do Bats Make Good Pets
Do You Have Rats on Your Roof
To learn more about our services, visit the Myrtle Beach wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: What Are Some Ways to Kill a Skunk in the Yard?
What Are Some Ways to Kill a Skunk in the Yard?
With too dangerous effect of skunks including the offensive odor and the diseases associated with the
droppings, it is not really good for one to allow the animal close to his or her family. There are several
ways to kill this animal or to keep them away from homes. But, killing them is not always the best option as
that can make you to smell more than understanding. Also, if you are not careful enough while handling this
animal you can get rabies through the bite. That is why this article is about to intimate you on some ways to skill a skunk in your yard.
Kill Skunks through Shooting
The truth is that shooting skunks is an inhumane way of removing the animal from your yard. But, when you are left with
only option to kill skunk, shooting will become one of the best options. So long as you are able to target the animal before
shooting it will not struggle much before it will finally die when you shoot it. But you must be experienced in animal hunt
before you will be able to get skunk through shooting due to the size of the animal.
Use a Gripping Trap to Kill Skunks in Your Yard
Skunk traps come in many types and the gripping trap is just one of them. One thing about the gripping skunk trap
is that it will end up killing the animal if you do not come on time to let it lose from the trap. One thing about
the gripping trap is that it may not give skunk chance to spray smelling substance around before it will die.
Use Cage Trap to Catch Skunks in Yard and Kill Them
You can decide whether to kill skunk after catching it with cage trap or to just relocate it to another place. But the
truth is that it will be better for you to only relocate it far away from your home after catching it in your cage trap.
This is to save you from stress and dealing with the smells when it will spray you with the odorous substance.
Poison Skunks in Your Yard to Kill Them
Just as it has been explained earlier, poisoning skunks is inhumane and also cowardly. For that reason,
you should not even consider poison when you want to kill or remove skunks from your yard.